This Privacy Notice sets out how we, Assure Protections Limited, processes your personal data. This notice sets out the obligations of Assure Protections Limited regarding data protection and the rights of customers and potential customers (“data subjects”) in respect of their personal data under Data Protection Law. “Data Protection Law” means all legislation and regulations in force from time to time regulating the use of personal data and the privacy of electronic communications including, but not limited to, the retained EU law version of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the “UK UK GDPR”), as it forms part of the law of England and Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland by virtue of section 3 of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018, the Data Protection Act 2018, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 as amended, and any successor legislation.
Who are we Assure Protections Limited offers extended service plans for a range of domestic appliances such as washing machines, dish washers, tumble driers etc. These plans do not replace the manufacturers’ warranties but offer protection from future faults that may occur. Assure Protections Limited (“we”) is the “Data Controller” of your information. If you have any requests concerning your personal data or any queries with regard to how we handle your data you can contact us by phone on 08081963015*, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org,(*Calls will be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.) Using Your InformationThe personal data we process on you is:- Personal Data Type:Source:Name, address, contact details and payment details.The personal data we use is obtained from a number of marketing and Lifestyle research companies. We undertake due diligence on all our data suppliers to ensure that we use the appropriate legal basis for your information to be used and to receive direct marketing. Goods information:The details of the appliance/appliances to be included in any plan The personal data we have collected will be used as follows:
1. As necessary to enable us to fulfil our contract/contracts with you 2. For our legitimate interests in undertaking marketing about our products and services by post, phone and email 3. Checking and verifying your identity and contact details
4. Where we are required to do so by law
5. We may use analytical techniques to improve our products, service or customer experience for direct marketing purposes. This is so that we can contact you with information that is more relevant to you. Such data could include your browser viewing history, age, location or interests.
6. We may make use of additional information about you, when it is available from external sources, to help us do this more effectively.
7. We may use and share this information with trusted third parties who perform analytical services on our behalf. All such service providers are bound by contract and the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR to maintain the security of this personal data.
Our legal basis for processing the personal data: Activity,The need to process, Lawful Basis, Completing service contract plan application by phone, Completing application process, Consent/Legitimate Interest, Internal accounting processes, Contract, Provide you with information relating to the service plan, Contract, Registering for an event, Dealing with a claim under a service contract plan, Contract, Email Marketing *To send information and marketing messages by email. Consent, Telephone *To contact you, from time to time, to discuss new plans, plan renewals and new products you may be interested in Consent Post*To send you your service contract certificate and supporting documentation Contract* You can opt out from receiving marketing communications from us, at any time, by emailing us at email@example.com, phoning us on our free phone number Assure Protections Limited will process personal data for three years and store the personal data for six years in support of any claims under the service plans. We do not retain details of debit or credit cards. Your rights as a data subject, At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:-